Saturday 18 July 2015

Grace!

The message of Grace is one whose revelation has eluded me, slipping through my fingers even at the times when I seemed to grasp it. For an attribute that I had been actively and intentionally looking for, leaving my home church and changing churches every now and then, visiting churches and eventually refusing to go to any church at all- it is almost inconceivable that I would lose it once I grasp it. But lose it I did- over and over again.

Pardon me but, my religious mind, then Muslim now Christian and seemingly every bit as religious as it had ever been, refused to grab the concept of Grace! Grace! That one word- denoted in so many ways but promising hope, freedom, victory…

That God wants me to come into His Grace, receive His Gift of Grace and appropriate it in my own life is not deniable. In fact, I am not certain if He has chased me in recent times with any gift as actively as with this Gift of Grace- A Benny Hinn message here, a personal Rhema there, even a Display picture I saw which said something along the lines of not wasting energy fighting the old but on building  the new. Did I get it? No! I just kept going around looking for Grace whilst I swam in it.

So, what am I going to do? Well, pretty much like the story of my life and like my relationship with God, He saved me- again!

I was talking to Pastor Bukola about my past mistakes- mistakes which seemed destined to run me into the ground and leave God flailing helplessly beside me, unable to help? But that is not possible! God can never be helpless. Even His Weakness is stronger than men 1st Corinthians 1:25

You see sometimes we underestimate our God and overestimate sin, the devil, our human weaknesses, past mistakes. We are all so convinced that this evil tripartite of devil, sin and man will just run us into the ground and of course, there is nothing God can do about it. Especially when you add the fact that God cannot behold iniquity. How on earth is He going to save you from  your foolishness, mistakes, errors, doom, sin- all self-inflicted of, course?

My thanks be to God Who is not limited by our inabilities, failings, weaknesses. In fact, whether we like it or not, we are inexorably being drawn towards the perfect will of God. It’s going to end like he said. Whether we are on the right side or wrong side of His Judgement is all left to us. And now is the gift of Grace available.

You see, we cannot hear it long enough, loud enough or often enough that our God is all powerful. All the demons there are could not stop Christ rising – how many exactly do you have in your life that can stop God. Don’t hold your breathe trying to count because no one is going to stop Him - no one and nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment